WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address, email address and contact number.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your mode of payment, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no, wither in the form of signing up with our newsletters to get updates about the movement of offers and discounts on our website or about recent launches. None of this will be done without your EXPLICIT consent.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at or mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Our store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your debit/ credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your debit/ credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
TORTOISE prides itself on delivering exquisite leather bags that epitomize craftsmanship and durability.
We offer a warranty period of one year with every purchase of our leather bags. This warranty ensures that any manufacturing or hardware defects, regardless of the nature, will be covered.
All manufacturing defects will be repaired in a minimum of 21 days to a maximum of 60 days from the date of receipt. If for any reason a repair isn’t possible, we will provide you with an alternate solution. Please note that the one year warranty covers manufacturing defects and does not include leather damage
The warranty stands void if the damage is caused by improper care, exposure to extreme conditions, or failure to adhere to the recommended maintenance guidelines.
We take great pride in our products and are confident that they will exceed your expectations. Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- We offer shipping services to all destinations within India, subject to the serviceability of our courier partners. The delivery time may vary depending on the location, but most orders are delivered within 5-10 business days from the date of order confirmation.
Unable to Deliver
- In the event that you are unavailable to receive or accept the delivery when our courier partner attempts to deliver your order, they will notify you accordingly. Following this, they will make an additional attempt to deliver your order. If, after the second attempt, delivery is still unsuccessful, your package will be returned to our fulfilment center.
- For prepaid orders, a refund will be issued to the original payment method used during the purchase process.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding our shipping policy or any specific delivery issues, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to assist you and provide any necessary support.
Thank you for choosing us as your preferred shopping destination.
Exchange Return And Refund Policies
All Tortoise designs are handcrafted with 100% Genuine Leather. This leads to every product being unique in its own way. The colour and texture may slightly differ from the photograph.
If you seek to exchange or return your purchase for whatever reason, we are here to help. Please note that we offer free exchanges only within 7 days of receiving your order, and that includes a free pickup. To initiate your exchange or return, please email us with your Order ID and phone number on email@example.com. We will initiate a complimentary return/exchange pickup from you, and shall keep you updated via SMS/Email.
Here are some essentials that you need to know:
- Customised and Personalised products can neither be exchanged nor returned
- Returned items must have receipts & tags still on, and must be returned in original packaging
- Please have the product(s) maintained in its original condition, else we will not accept the pickup.
- Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use
- Please note that you have 7 days only to check for compatibility and anything else.
- Returns will only be accepted from products purchased from tortoise.net.in. For products purchased through our stores or other marketplaces, please contact them directly for an exchange or a return.
- In case of a return, we will refund the complete amount to you. It should reflect in your bank account within 15 business days from the day we receive and verify the returned product in its original condition.
- For COD orders - please send your payment details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you opt to exchange the current product with a different product, you will have to pay differential amount if any.
In case of any doubts, please reach out to us through email email@example.com with your order number and details and we will support you through the exchange/return process.